We Notarize Consent Letter For Travel

Lilian Cazacu Notary Public provides fully certified notary services in Langley, including notarizing consent letters for travelling minors. We prepare by consolidating the documents, permissions and signatures necessary in a fully notarized consent letter for travel to ensure a smooth process when you cross national or international borders.

Lilian Cazacu

Get The Preparation You Need For Your Child’s Travelling Journey

If you want to have peace of mind while preparing travel plans, a travel consent letter from a qualified notary public is all you need. Engage a qualified and reliable legal professional for doing the due diligence and preparing your consent letter for travelling with a minor.

Importance of Consent to Travel Letters  

A notarized consent letter to travel informs the government and border agents that the child (under 18 years of age) has permission to travel abroad. This is recommended when travelling in North America (ie: from Canada to the United States) and is especially needed when travelling internationally. A letter of parental consent to travel for the minor allows another adult with permission to take the child abroad on a school trip or family trip with just a single parent. 

Office meeting signing documents

Ensuring A Smooth Travelling Experience

The Canadian Government urges parents or guardians of children to carry a consent letter to travel. This is especially relevant one the child is travelling with friends, or a group, or when the child is travelling with one parent internationally.

The consent letter for travelling must be signed by everyone who can make legal decisions for the minor. Without a properly notarized consent letter for travelling, they could be refused entry into a foreign country and/or may have difficulties crossing back into Canada. Ensure they have a smooth travelling experience.

Filling out a form for refinancing

Professionally Notarizing Your Consent Letter 

Notaries - like us at Lillian Cazacu Notary Public -have the legal power to verify signatures and ensure they’re genuine. These notarized consent letters to travel are accepted globally as the most authentic by customs and immigration authorities. 

Although it’s not a requirement in Canada, the government strongly urges parents and guardians to have a consent to travel letter witnessed professionally by an established notary public. Book with us today and we can get started.

Langley Notary Public Services

An Easy Checklist To Prepare For Your Appointment 

The only thing you’ll need is the appropriate Federal and Provincial documentation and the required parent(s) or guardian(s) availability for the chosen appointment time. 

- 2 pieces of government identification (Federal & Provincial). Examples include your driver’s license, passport, permanent residence card, citizenship card, first nations card, age of majority card, etc. 
- Passport Numbers (including those of the children, if possible)
- Optional: A completed (but unsigned) travel consent letter. Otherwise, these can be printed and filled in during your appointment time. 

After it’s been notarized, the child (or a responsible adult) must keep a copy of the consent letter. The parent/guardian who is not travelling with the child must sign the consent letter for travel. If a minor is travelling with someone else (teacher, friend, or another relative) both parents must sign the consent letter to travel.

Langley Notary Services


Whether you are downsizing or buying a bigger house, selling your house can be an exciting yet challenging experience. A notary’s role in representing the seller is to make sure that all the mortgages, other liens or charges are removed from the title so a “free title” can be transferred upon receiving the sale price from the buyers.

Langley Notary Family Services
Decorative white clouds
Decorative white clouds

The Notary For Your Consent Letter To Travel

Lilian Cazacu Notary Public can properly assist you with notarizing documents with your consent letter for travelling with a minor.

Backed by a team with many years of experience, we can ensure a smooth and stress-free process. We understand that preparing for travelling is overwhelming. Therefore, we can assist and guide you efficiently through the travel consent letter process.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a conveyance?

Conveyancing process implies the legal transfer of a property from an owner to another. While the Real Estate Agents are normally the professionals initially involved in in a Conveyance process, the actual legal work of preparing the conveyancing documents, sending them to the land titles office for approval, and then perform the transfer of the legal title from one party to the other must be performed by a real estate Notary Public or a Lawyer. That’s why a Notary or a Lawyer who practices real estate conveyancing it is also called a Conveyancer.

What is property transfer tax?

Property Transfer Tax (PTT) is a levy that is paid each time when someone purchases or gains an interest in a real estate property that is registered at the Land Title Office (unless that person qualifies for an exemption). While the municipal Property Tax is paid annually, this Property Transfer Tax, is paid only when the ownership of the property is transferred to another person. (Besides the Transfers in Fee simple, the PTT is also applicable on other conveyancing transactions, such as the Agreements for Sale, Life Estates, Foreclosures, Leases, etc.)

How much do you charge for your real estate services?

Our legal fees for our real estate services are “value-based”, which means that they depend on (a) the amount of time spent on that particular service, (b) the amount of documents needing to prepare and/or sign, and (c) the amount or liability that we’re getting ourselves exposed to by doing that particular transaction or signing those particular documents for real estate services.

How can I verify your notarial status?

Our notarial status most often is verified for any notarized international documents to be used abroad. Although international documents have to go through a “cycle of authentications” in order to be legalized/authenticated and be accepted outside Canada, the first level of verification is normally the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia (“SNPBC”), which is the regulatory body of BC Notaries. The SNPBC can verify our status and confirm us being in “good standing”. Society of Notaries Public of BC: #8221

What do I need to bring to my appointment?

Depending on your type of appointment, you may need to bring with you:

  • Two pieces of government-issued identification,
    one of which must be a picture ID. (e.g., BC Driver’s License, Canadian passport, Firearms License, NEXUS, etc.) and
    b. 2nd piece of ID, such as your SIN card, credit card signed on the back, birth certificate, BC services card, etc.
  • a personalized VOID cheque (for Purchases & Refinances), which would show the bank account where the new mortgage will be drawn out from monthly. (If you don’t have an actual VOID cheque, please bring us stamped & signed Bank document, which can prove your bank account details. We would then submit your mortgage loan documents for approval).
  • The Balance Required to Complete (mostly for Purchases & Refinances) in a form of a Bank Draft or Certified cheque. (Since we cannot calculate this amount way in advance and most likely will be able to give you the exact amount only a couple days before your appointment, please arrange for those funds to be available to you on a 12-hour notice by your financial institution.)
  • your SIN card (If you don’t have it, you could bring us a copy of your T4 or NOA as proof of your social insurance number.) 

Two Notary Office Locations (Langley & Aldergrove)

In order to serve you better, beside the main office in Langley (Willoughby area), we also have a 2nd office in Aldergrove, which is open "by appointment only" and can accomodate clients even after working hours.

Langley Notary Office:

(9am to 5pm & after 5pm by appointment only)

B415 - 20020 84th Avenue, Langley, BC V2Y 5K9

Aldergrove Notary Office:

(by appointment only)

26310 Fraser Highway, Unit 800,
Aldergrove, BC V4W 2Z7
Decorative white clouds

Relentless Pursuit Of Providing Excellent Notary Services In Langley area

Lilian Cazacu has been providing high-quality notary public services to the Langley community and continues to dedicate his time to helping and educating Langley residents on various non-contentious legal matters.